Sunday, October 7, 2012

Trip Down Memory Lane

This past weekend was a busy one for me.  It started off on Friday at the City of Refuge volunteer project. Then a prayer breakfast on Saturday morning and a cooking class in the afternoon.  In the hustle and bustle of going to and fro, I was able to take time to think about life and reminise on various events.  Here is my little trip down memory lane.

  • Volunteer Day: My volunteer experience really began as a candy striper at DeKalb Medical Center.  I served from 8th-12th grade.  I really loved my time helping the patients and nurses.  In fact, I didn't even have a job in high school as I was busy being a volunteer.

  • Cool Fall Mornings: I think my favorite season is Fall.  The cool crisp air reminds me of comfort, warmth..and football (lol).  Not to mention that when fall begins, the leaves turn on the trees.  And soon after we have the winter holidays and my birthday!

  • Japan: The Japanese cooking class condjured up so many emotions that I am not even sure if I could settle on one thing.  We cooked miso chicken, takegomi rice, and sweet potatoes.  The food was delicious and even the tv shows we watched were nostaligic.


What has happened to you that makes it easy to travel along life's journey? 
     
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment